Thursday 24 July 2014

So little

So little

From a comfortable, safe home,
I type my name on an online petition,

In the sanctuary of church,
I light a candle.

From my financial security,
I donate to the emergency appeal,

In a free city
I wave a flag at a demo.

So little,

In the face of such suffering.

A  name, a light, a coin, a flag.

A little voice,

Yet until...
All homes are safe,
All holy places sanctuaries,
All trade is fair,
All cities are free.


May there be so many names shouting,
Lights shining,
Coins clattering,
Flags waving,
That it cannot be ignored.

Snowflakes that become an avalanche,

The world is watching!

Justice

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Palm Sunday 2020

This Palm Sunday, no crowds will line the streets waving branches. The cries of “Hosanna!” are silenced. Yet, when Christ’s disciples...